We are amazed at the response for copies of the Community Resource Guide! It’s our desire to put the best resource in the hands of those who are looking for you and the services you provide, and it will be even better with your input. Here’s a copy of our most recent email to subscribers. You can subscribe to our email list here.
We would love to get feedback on how you are using the resource guide. Take a moment and give us some feedback. Use the button below to complete a simple form that tells us how to edit the guide to make it more accurate and intuitive for those who are using it as a resource for themselves or for others.
We are convinced that curators are the key to the success of this effort. We’ve looked at dozens of resource guides in print, online, handwritten notes, etc. The challenge in maintaining the guide is simply the number of moving parts. A curator is only responsible for their piece. On average, that’s about 7 or 8 organizations to contact on a monthly basis. Curators get to meet with people who are serving in areas that they are already passionate about. This is the best part of the guide! Click the button below to learn more about becoming a curator.
Updates for the May 2019 Edition
Here’s a list of updates for the next edition (print or online). We hope to hear from you before going to press, so please take a look at this list and add your thoughts using the feedback link above (or text, email, phone call, whatever!!)
- (NEW) Anderson Oconee Behavioral Health Services
Anderson Office: 226 McGee Road – 864-260-4168
Oconee Office (Seneca): 691 South Oak Street – 864-882-7563
M-Th 8a – 5p
Assistance for Disability Access
- (NEW) Anderson County Disabilities and Special Needs Board (ACDSNB)
Camps (sub-section of For Youth)
- (MOVED) Camp Sertoma from Medical Assistance
- (NEW) Camp Sunshine
- (NEW) Jaycee Camp Hope (Disabilities)
- (MOVED) Lions Club, Camp Lions Den from Medical Assistance
- (MOVED) Wilderness Way Camp from For Youth
- (EDIT) Renamed Elder Support
- (NEW) Get Care SC
- (NEW) Alzheimer’s Caregiver Support Groups
- (NEW) Family Caregiver Support
- (NEW) Seniors raising children
- (NEW) South Carolina Respite Coalition
Emergency Shelters and Transitional Programs
- (UPDATE) Safe Harbor: remove the 864 phone number. They prefer 800-291-2139 as the contact number.
- (Online) Note: Both Safe Harbor and Mary’s House work with Men as victims of domestic violence, but it is unusual to provide housing. For Men, we added, (call) as a prompt.
- (NEW) Self-help Credit Union
- (NEW) If You Need A Bra, contact Noreen @ Clean Start. 219 Townsend St, 864.716.0766
- (NEW) Asociación Hispano-Americana de Mujeres – Hispanic-American Women’s Association
- (NEW) Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Upstate, https://www.bbbsupstate.com/, 864.844.9907
- (UPDATE) YMCA (online version edit: Added website link)
- (DELETED) Anderson Housing Authority (moved to Housing)
- (DELETED) Anderson County DSS (already in Need Help)
- (UPDATE) Alston Wilkes Society contact updated to their corporate office in Columbia. We’re still hopeful that there will be a contact in Anderson, but for now such is not the case.
- (ADDED) Anderson Housing Authority (from General Assistance)
- (UPDATE) South Carolina Legal Services, changed the toll-free number to 888-346-5592
- (UPDATE) The address for the Circuit Public Defender is changed to 500 S. McDuffie
- (MOVED) Camp Sertoma to Camps
- (MOVED) Lions Club, Camp Lions Den to Camps
Need Help: Hotlines
- (EDIT) Renamed “Emergency Services” to “Hotlines”
- Girls and Boys Town National Hotline
- National AIDS Hotline; Español – Nacional SIDA/VIH línea directa
- National Hopeline Network
- National Sexual Assault Hotline
- National STD Hotline
- (MOVED) Pregnancy Support Line to Pregnancy Care
- (MOVED) Patrick B. Harris Psychiatric Hospital 130 SC-252 — 864-231-2600 (24-hrs) to Mental Health
- (MOVED) Pregnancy Support Line from Need Help
- (ONLINE) Anderson School District One’s Family Service resources
- (NEW) ABC Child Care Voucher (financial help)
- (NEW) Family Connection South Carolina
Note: Overall, we should have removed all “military times” and “R” for Thursday in days of the week.
In case you missed it, we are building out our online version of the Community Resource Guide here: [Online Version]. At the moment, this is a simple data table view, but don’t miss the filter option. You can quickly reduce the list of 200 entries and find what you’re looking for by filtering on category or any text you enter in the textbox.
Thanks for taking the time to read through this post. Please send a link to anyone who might be interested in being a part of the Community Resource Guide.
Connecting those in need to people that care.