We often get asked questions about resources in other counties in the Upstate area of South Carolina. There are indeed some guides in varying formats for the surrounding counties and some handy resources we love to share. Here’s a handful to get you started!
Overlapping the border of Anderson and Greenville County, and focused on Women’s resources, there’s a searchable resource guide from Piedmont’s Women’s Center.
In Greenville County, there are several resources available.
- iMap is a GIS tool: http://www.gcgis.org/apps/imap/
- You can contact United Ministries here: https://united-ministries.org/contact/
- There is an excellent guide in Spanish published by the Hispanic Alliance which you can find here: HA Resource Guide
- Debbra Alvarado, Director of Programs & Network Engagement, is an outstanding Hispanic Alliance resource to connect you to particular needs, and you can contact her via email debbra@hispanicallianceSC.com.
In Laurens County, the United Way has a resource guide which you can find here: LC Resource Guide
- In Oconee County, there’s a lovely searchable resource guide.
- There’s also a resource guide focused on needs of families with young children and you can find it here: OC Resource Guide
In Pickens County, there’s a resource called the Tough Times Toolkit, and it is available in English and Spanish:
In Spartanburg County, there’s a resource guide centered around behavioral health that you can find here: United Way of the Piedmont resources
Greer (Greenville & Spartanburg)
If you want to know specifics in the Greer area, which straddles both Greenville and Spartanburg County, I would suggest that Greer Relief, Yvonne Thompson (Neighbor advocate) would be an excellent place to start. You can find email information, along with other things, here: https://greerrelief.org/our-leadership/
Tri-County Technical College
And Tri-County Tech also has a resource listing and many student resources – select the academic resources or student services categories for details: Student Services & Support
South Carolina United Way
The United way of South Carolina is a good place to get started for other counties: https://sc211.org/
We hope these are helpful!