We’ve had an opportunity to meet more and more service providers over the past several weeks and as you might expect, we have some updates for the Community Resource Guide! Here’s a summary of modifications included with version 6. Many thanks to our curators and friends who continue to make this resource available to people of Anderson County. Thanks to Anderson County for contributing to the printing costs. We greatly appreciate the support! And thanks to Attaway for an incredibly professional job and great price point!!
- (UPDATE) Changed the contact phone number for Alcoholics Anonymous to 2320 E North St, Greenville – 864-233-6446 for the 24/7 operator to assist people in finding a meeting. For the online version, we also have 864-224-8178 for Bud Flier as the contact person for AA.
- (UPDATE) FAVOR, Faces And Voices Of Recovery, just announced their new location at 401 W. Whitner St, Anderson. All Recovery meets Mon-Fri at 12p and Sat 6:30p. Family Group: Mon 6:30p.
Civic Representatives (ONLINE)
- Added this category to highlight County and City officials for Anderson on our Online Version
- (NEW) Anderson County Representatives, 101 S Main St, Anderson, 864-260-1036, Mon-Fri 8:30a-5:00p
- (NEW) Anderson City Council, 401 S Main St, Anderson, 864-231-1135
- (UPDATE) Changed address and added a phone number for St John’s UMC Clothes Closet, 305 East River St, 864-224-6563, 864-760-0353
Emergency Shelters & Transitional Programs
- (NEW) Chains Broken Deliverance Ministries, address unlisted, serving men, women, and children who are victims of domestic violence. Latoya Bennett, 864-276-2349
- (NEW) Janie’s House of Hope, 905 East River St, Anderson SC 29624, Mike Carroll, 864-245-1125, email@example.com.
- (NEW) New Mercies Ministries, 813 Edgewood Ave, Anderson SC 29625, Contact: Randy Travis, 864-415-3861, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We removed the Foster Care listings from this section and moved them to the new category for Foster Care.
- (NEW) Faith Presbyterian Church, 308 Williams St, Williamston, SC. 29697, Weekly: Mondays 9-11am, Tuesdays 4:00-5:30p Monthly Third Saturday of the Month 9-11am.
Foster Care (NEW)
- We’re excited to announce a new category specifically dedicated to Foster Care
- (MOVED) Fostering Great Ideas is now in this new category along with the three foster home organizations
If You Need A Meal
- (NEW) Mount Carmel CME Church, 609 Cleveland Ave, Anderson, (864) 406-6455, email@example.com, Saturday Servants, Saturdays at 11:30a
- (NEW) Street Mission Outreach, 202 Townsend Ave, Anderson, Saturdays at 12:00p
- (UPDATE) We were pleased to attend the ribbon-cutting ceremony for the Andersons Pregnancy Care center, now located at 1303 N Murray Ave, Anderson. It’s a beautiful facility!
- (NEW) Added The Postpartum Stress Center, 610.525.7527, firstname.lastname@example.org, 1062 Lancaster Avenue, Rosemont Plaza, Suite 2 Rosemont, Pennsylvania 19010.
- (NEW) Vets Helping Vets, W 10-11:30a, 225 McGee Road, 864-245-0181, email@example.com, Jesse Taylor, Support group for veterans.
Updates for SHARE in Anderson
SHARE (Sunbelt Human Advancement Resources) is a great organization that’s been serving the Upstate for many years. Our original versions of the Community Resource Guide listed their services in several categories, but we have recently learned that all of these are not offered in the Anderson area. All that to say, don’t read this as bad, it’s just more accurate. SHARE has been removed from the following categories: Clothing, Food Pantries, For Youth, Medical Assistance, and Transportation. They are still listed under Employment Assistance, Financial Assistance, and Housing.