We often get asked questions about resources in other counties in the Upstate area of South Carolina. There are indeed some guides in varying formats for the surrounding counties and some handy resources we love to share. Here’s a handful to get you started!
In Greenville County, there are several resources available.
- iMap is a GIS tool: http://www.gcgis.org/apps/imap/
- United Ministries has a resource guide which Emmi Kadot and her colleagues update on a consistent basis: UM Resource Guide
- You can contact United Ministries here: https://united-ministries.org/contact/
- United Way of Greenville County has a resource guide as well: UW Resource Guide
- There is an excellent guide in Spanish published by the Hispanic Alliance which you can find here: HA Resource Guide
- Susannah Lauber, their Americorps VISTA for 2019-2020, is an excellent resource to connect you to particular needs, and you can contact her here (this tells you about her background), and her email susannah@hispanicallianceSC.com is on the page as well.
In Laurens County, the United Way has a resource guide which you can find here: LC Resource Guide
- In Oconee County, there’s a resource guide focused around needs of families with young children and you can find it here: OC Resource Guide
- The truly excellent Golden Corner Pantry also maintains a resource list, and you can find it here: Where to Turn
In Pickens County, there’s a resource called the Tough Times Toolkit, and it is available in English and Spanish:
In Spartanburg County, there’s a resource guide centered around behavioral health that you can find here: SC Resource Guide
Greer (Greenville & Spartanburg)
If you want to know specifics in the Greer area, which straddles both Greenville and Spartanburg County, I would suggest that Greer Relief, Yvonne Thompson or Lanita Williams (who each have been there working as Neighbor advocates and resourcing) would be an excellent place to start. You can find their email information, along with other things, here: https://greerrelief.org/our-leadership/
Tri-County Technical College
And Tri-County Tech also has a resource listing and a student resource center: Student Services & Support
South Carolina United Way
The United way of South Carolina is a good place to get started for other counties: https://sc211.org/
We hope these are helpful!