We’re still working on this, but we plan to offer a 4-hour workshop for groups of people (small to large) to help people identify their top passions and learn about what’s happening in the community.
Community Engagement Opportunities
Our workshop provides a current report on opportunities for community engagement right here and right now. We tailor the presentation for the target audience to ensure we are speaking on topic and hitting the main points you want to stress.
Some of the main points include:
- Current News: Learn about programs you might or might not know about, recent legislation, up-to-the-minute data on poverty, food deserts, low-income/low-access issues, etc. This is most definitely a moving target, one that we work hard to stay on top of and one of the reasons we are continuing to build our team of curators.
- Barriers: hurdles to providing help, problems to solve, issues that prevent those in need from receiving support from those who want to help.
- Build A Kit: Get your hands involved by building a kit to meet an immediate need, learn how you can get small groups of people activated for a significant impact.
- Find Your Passions: We will help you identify your passions and introduce you to others who share comparable desires. Once you have a good idea about your top passions and connect with others that are of like mind, we think you’ll be excited to learn about opportunities to put your passion to work in the community.
- Connections: Ultimately, our desire is to inform and connect you to those in the community who are actively engaged in serving people in ways that match your skills, abilities, passions, and gifts.
More than just learning (or confirming) what you are called to do, we want to help you find service providers that are doing the very thing that gets you excited. You don’t need to start a new program or incorporate a non-profit business. We’re pretty sure they already exist somewhere in our community and are just waiting for you to show up and get involved!
Especially for Christians
All of the above is great for anyone that wants to get involved in serving the community, in truly becoming engaged and moving us toward the Thriving Community we all want to see. If you’re a Christ follower, we highly recommend you check out Tampa Underground’s Calling Lab as a great way to learn more about your calling, the ministry you have embedded in your heart by the Spirit. The Calling Lab provides background and excellent resources for you to make the journey. We are here to help facilitate the process if you so desire.