In our travels around the Upstate, we hear one particular story over and over again, “we need more foster parents.” The need is great.
We’re gathering some resources here to help get you started learning about fostering children. This page will be updated as we continue to learn more. Our goal is focused on awareness and connections. We aren’t the experts, but we know many who have taken this journey and found it incredibly rewarding.
Here are a few links to get you started:
- Anderson County Department of Social Services, 224 McGee Rd, Anderson, SC 29625, Mon-Fri 8:30a-5:00p, 864-260-4100 (press 3), AndersonWebsite@dss.sc.gov.
- Anderson County Foster Parent Association, https://www.facebook.com/groups/1251559668233311/, (864) 958-0121, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bair Foundation, https://www.bair.org/, 800-543-7058, email@example.com
- Friends for Fostering support group, https://www.facebook.com/Friends-for-Fostering-foster-care-support-group-390600965095706/, (864) 378-2056, Cammyclary@yahoo.com
- Heartfelt Calling, http://www.heartfeltcalling.org/, 888-828-3555
- South Carolina Foster Parent Association, http://www.scfpa.com/, 803-865-2020
Foster Parent Resource – Map
Foster Homes in our Area:
Here is a list of foster home organizations in our area. The children in their programs are placed by the Department of Social Services, DSS. If you’re interested in becoming a foster parent, the organizations above can help you with the process.
- Calvary Children’s Home, 110 Calvary Home Circle, Anderson, 864-296-5437
- Helping Hands of Clemson, 311 E Main St, Central, 864-646-2941
- New Foundations Home for Children, 2300 Standridge Rd, Anderson, 864-225-1628
If you’re interested in joining our team as a curator for this category, let’s have a cup of coffee and talk!